Communities vs Groups - There is a possibility that Communities could replace groups, this could be phased out at some point.
When you create events on google +, (after they attend on +) they can upload pictures and all of them will be curated all together for the event
He uses a form to organize the students into circles (they are not an apps environment)
They fill out the form and copy and paste their profile page or shortened link onto the form.
He manually clicks on them one at a time, create a circle then add them to a community
1. He does this so he can keep in-touch with the students after the community (course) ends. His distribution list.
2. The community is for the class and can end or continue
- The students build their profiles with appropriate pictures and description
- Communities can be sorted by posts, like Discussions, week 1, weeks two, when you edit the community these topics can be placed under the profile picture.
- If the community is private then the discussions are private- One question was can some of the discussions be made public, it does not look like it.
- Virtual Office Hours
- Virtual Conferences, with slideshows and guest panels in hangouts